Sunday, November 27, 2011

Trip Report - Walt Disney World - 07/20/11 - Part Two

In my last report, my nephew and I had spent the morning at the Magic Kingdom. It was time for a mid-day break because of the hot weather. So back at Pop Century, we took a much needed swim break. While I had a bad cold and sore throat, the swim felt so good. After the swim and a short nap, it was time to head back to the Magic Kingdom for dinner and dessert and fireworks. I couldn't wait!!!


So we at the check-in counter of the Crystal Palace by 5pm for our 5:30 pm reservation. Its still a bit hot, but hopefully it will be much cooler inside the Crystal Palace. We are seated within 10 minutes.




The Crystal Palace is one of my fave places to eat at. Breakfast or dinner, its just a great place. The food is always good, the service is top-notch and the added benefit of meeting all the Winnie The Pooh characters is priceless. You really can't go wrong with this buffet-style restaurant.






Here is video of some of the fun you can have while dining at the Crystal Palace:





After dinner, we head out to ride some more rides before attending the Wishes Dessert Party. We rode Stitch's Great Escape, Space Mountain and the Jungle Cruise.


It was now time to head towards the Tomorrowland Terrace to check-in for tonight's Wishes Dessert Viewing Party. I think the Dessert Party is also worth the price. The dessert Party is limited to about 50 people. You get reserved seating and table. You get a covered, clear and unobstructed view of the Wishes Fireworks. Oh yeah, unlimited desserts and drinks for an hour before the fireworks starts. Tonight was a great night to be outside. The weather had cool down and there was no wind in the air.





After stuffing myself with unlimited desserts, it was time to watch the amazing Wishes Fireworks. Here is video of that night's showing of Wishes! Its the best fireworks show EVER!!!



After the fireworks, we let the crowds thin out a bit and avoided the rush. We had planned to watch the late showing of the parade, but my nephew was not feeling up to it. So instead we headed back to Pop Century to get some late snacks (like we didn't just eat enough dessert!!), play some video games at the resort arcade and then watch some TV before calling it a night. I also beat from the heat, cold and sore throat. So maybe rest is what I need right now. Tomorrow is our Epcot day. My nephew is looking forward to shopping in Japan for some toys. I'm looking forward to eating at the new La Hacienda restaurant in the Mexico Pavilion. Until my next trip report, Have A Magical Day!!!



John

No comments:

Post a Comment