Monday, November 15, 2010

Madonna Music Monday - 11/15/2010

So today is my Mom's 65th birthday. She has done a lot for me and I am deeply grateful for all she has done for me and my sister. After my father passed away, my mother and I have formed a greater and deeper bond and connection.

So for today I thought I would pick a Madonna song that represents my relationship with my Mom and Sister. Today's song is Keep It Together form the Like A Prayer album.


The lyrics to this song are pretty simple and straight-forward:

Keep it together in the family
They're a reminder of your history
Brothers and sisters they hold the key
To your heart and your soul
Don't forget that your family is gold...

This is one of Madonna's best songs. That's because the song comes from one of Madonna's most personal albums, Like A Prayer. The album's songs talk about failed marriages, spirituality, strained relationships with one's father and family importance. I love this song a lot, despite it was not a big radio hit. It doesn't even have an official video. The clip below is actually a live performance from Madonna's Blond Ambition Tour from 1990. The performance has a great 'Clockwork Orange' look to it and the arrangement is a great tribute to the Sly and the Family Stone song Family Affair. But more than anything, I love that Madonna performed this song live on this tour. It is the only tour where Madonna has performed this song in. So without delay here is Madonna performing Keep It Together...LIVE!!!



John

No comments:

Post a Comment