Monday, August 1, 2011

I'm Back and I Survived Walt Disney World...

Hello one and all! Well I'm back from another great Disney vacation. It has taken awhile to post a blog because I'm still recovering from a cold I got while at Disney World. In 98 degree heat, with no rain in sight and high humidity I somehow got a sore throat, cough and cold. But now that it seems to be going away, I can get back to blogging.


As you know, I spent 6 days at Uncle Walt's place in Orlando. The week called for weather in the high 90's. Plus high humidity. At least I would get some swimming done at the resort.


The week at Disney World actually went well. Oh...except for the excessive heat....the sun-burn I got on the second day of the trip...the cough, cold thing...and the GAZILLION BRAZILIANS that were at the parks. I guess July is winter time for Brazil. And they must have gotten great vacation discounts to visit Disney World. On any given day, packs of Brazilians would be at the parks. Now when I say packs, I mean PACKS!!! There would be about 10 to 12 groups of Brazilians roaming the parks. And each pack had at least 300 members to them. So there would be about 3500 to 5000 Brazilians at the parks each day. And how can you tell there were Brazilians at the parks? Many of the park announcements were broadcasted in Portuguese!!!


While there were crowds everywhere, we didn't 'feel' the crowds. We were able to see all the attractions we wanted to see. In fact, there were a few that we got to ride many times (Star Tours 6 times, PhilharMagic 5 times).


All in all I say my 8 year old nephew had a great time on his 1st trip to Disney World. He was on the go, go, go like most 8 year olds are. Plus he's a big ham and loves to joke around. In the coming weeks I plan on doing reports for each of the six days of our trip. I've posted some pics and videos already, but there are a lot more to come. Well time to get back to my 'real life' activities, as much as I hate it!


John

No comments:

Post a Comment