Wednesday, September 1, 2010

80's Re-Wind Artist - Taylor Dayne - I'll Be Your Shelter

I have a soft spot in my heart for any artist that released a song in the 80's. I'm especially a fan of any singer that has a unique voice. And Taylor Dayne is no exception. She has 17 hit songs. Her first seven singles all hit the Top Ten charts. Her 7th hit single happens to be one of my favorite songs. That song is 'I'll Be Your Shelter'. Its that rare dance pop song that's not over the top, like most songs in the 80's were. And Dayne's vocals are amazing in this song. This past summer, Taylor Dayne performed in Chicago. I was lucky to catch her concert and record it. Here is her performance of 'I'll Be Your Shelter'. Enjoy!!!


At the height of her career, Dayne was labeled the 'white Tina Turner'. That makes perfect sense. She can rock a song out, make you dance and caress your heart with a ballad. I miss artists like this. Thank God I lived through the 80's. Thanks Taylor!!!

John

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you brother! In the 90's, I used to be embarrassed of growing up in the 80's. Now I wear it as a badge of honor! SO many great artists including Taylor Dane. And how bout that second British Invasion!?!? Totally Awesome!

    ReplyDelete