Monday, September 20, 2010

Madonna Music Monday - 09/20/2010

So I was going thru my Madonna collection today and trying to decide what kind of mood I was in. Personally, I hate Mondays. That's why I need to listen to Madonna music on Mondays to get the week started right. In two weeks, I'm going on vacation, so I need a song to get me thru the next couple of weeks. One of my favorite Madonna songs is one of her oldest, HOLIDAY.

When I first heard this song, I was blown away. This song just radiates joy and happiness. This is the perfect house party song. This song is an amazing beginning for an artist. Its a song Madonna continues to sing in concert. I can never get tired of this song.

So the video I want to share this week is Madonna's live performance taken from the famous Live Aid concert from July 13th 1985. Madonna was on top of the world at this point. She was just starting out on her first tour. Photos of a younger nude Madonna were published in Playboy AND Penthouse. And her album Like A Virgin was pretty much playing EVERYWHERE. Since I was too young to attend Madonna's 1st tour, watching Madonna perform at Live Aid was all I needed to make me happy. From that televised live performance I knew Madonna was destined to be a major music artist. Since then, I have seen Madonna in concert numerous times. Actually too many to count! So without further ado, here is Madonna singing Holiday live at Live Aid:



John



No comments:

Post a Comment