Wednesday, June 22, 2011

25 Days and Counting...

So I got my finalized reservation packet the other day. It has all my resort details. It has coupons and vouchers for various Disney activities while I'm on vacation. It came with two luggage name tags. They are actually really cute. They have a hologram look to them.


I also got my Magical Express packet. This is the shuttle service Disney uses to transfer people between Orlando International airport and the Disney resorts. This came with special luggage tags that have my name and the name of the resort I'm staying at on them.


This will inform the luggage handlers in Orlando that my luggage will go directly to my resort. I won't see my luggage until after I have checked into the POP Century resort, which is where I'll be staying.


Now what does this mean? This means I will pack an extra t-shirt and extra socks in my carry-on bag. Since I'm arriving in Orlando around 11:30am, and it will probably be 12:30pm by the time I get to the resort, I'm sure my resort room won't be ready by then. Which is fine with me. As soon as I check in and get my park tickets, we plan to grab some lunch at the Everything Pop food court before heading to the parks.

The 1st day we are at Walt Disney World, a Sunday, the Magic Kingdom is open until Midnight. But since we are staying on Disney property, the Magic Kingdom has Extra Magic Hours that night, which means we can stay in the park until 3am!!! Cool!

Normally, I would take full advantage of the late hours. But since this is a travel day for us, I don't think we will have the energy to stay up that late. So instead, we will use this day to see and ride some of the minor attractions that the Magic Kingdom has to offer. It will also serve as the perfect Walt Disney World introduction for my 8 year old nephew, who is making his 1st Disney trip. We'll just go to the park, take in the sights and sounds, have dinner at Tony's Town Square and just say 'HI' to the Magic Kingdom!


If we stay late and get a lot of the attractions done, that would be great. If not, no big deal. We are scheduled to visit the Magic Kingdom for a full day during the week and then again on our last day before our late evening flight back home. Plenty of time to visit and cover anything the Magic Kingdom has to offer!

So that should be the plans on our first day on vacation. The first and last days of any Disney trip can be hectic. But hopefully, everything will go according to plan. If not, then just go with the flow and make the most out of it. I'm mean, how bad can it get? You're at WALT DISNEY WORLD!!!

John

1 comment:

  1. Your first day sounds similar to ours. It worked out just fine for us. Oh, I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete