Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My Favorite Disney Music: 06/15/2011

I love Disney music, especially from the animated films. The one thing I love about Disney is how they use various styles of music in their films. Pop, Jazz, Country, World Beat, Broadway. One of my earlier favorite films is The Aristocats. One of the reasons I love this film is the use of Jazz music thru-out the film. Of course, the 'big song' from this film is the time-less classic, Ev'rybody Wants to Be a Cat. It's just a very cool, jazzy and fun song to hear. I love how it starts out slow and mellow, then it kicks into a Jazz Frenzy. TRIVIA: The soundtrack CD released in 1996 contains an edited version of the song. The lines sung by the "Chinese Cat", voiced by Paul Winchell and now seen as politically incorrect, are removed. Oh well. So without delay, here is the un-edited video of this great song. Enjoy!



John

No comments:

Post a Comment