Monday, June 20, 2011

27 Days and Counting...

I'm getting that feeling. You know the feeling. That nervous feeling when you have a Disney trip coming up. This is when you start all the last minute planning and organizing.

Today I upgraded the dining plan for our July trip. I will get one table service meal, one counter service meal and one snack per night. So my trip reservations are now complete.


We'll be staying at the POP Century Resort for the 2nd time. We are staying Sunday thru Friday. We have non-hopping park tixs, which means we will visit one park per day. We'll go in the morning, take a mid-day break back at the resort and then head back to the parks in the afternoon/evening. I have all my dining reservations booked. I have also booked the Wishes Desert Party at the Magic Kingdom.

Air flights have been booked & paid. I don't think I'm renting a car for this trip, unless I get a great last minute deal.
I have all my park touring plans planned out courtesy of TouringPlans.com. Actually this will be the first Disney trip where I plan to use a phone app. I'll be using the WDW Lines phone app.

Now comes the crazy part: the packing. Or should I say the pre-packing. What tee shirts am I taking? What swim shorts am I taking? How many shorts will I pack? Should I start looking at weather updates now? Where are my water sandals? Where is my rain poncho? Where are my walking sandals? Where is my video camera? Where is my digital camera? Where are all my chargers? Where are all my extra batteries?

While the craziest time is before a Disney trip, its also fun and exciting. Planning a Disney trip is part of the experience. I can't wait to ride the updated Star Tours attraction. I hope to ride Toy Story Mania at least three times on this trip. This trip might not be as 'thrill-ride' heavy as my previous Disney trips because I'm taking my 8 year old nephew on his 1st Disney trip. He's about 42' tall. What attractions can't he ride? I'm sure we won't do Space Mountain, but I'm sure he can ride Big Thunder Mountain and Expedition Everest.


Another thing I'm looking forward to is eating at new restaurants at Disney World. I have reservations at Via Napoli and La Hacienda de San Angel, new eateries that have opened at Epcot. I also have reservations at Tony's Town Square and 50's Prime Time Cafe, places I have not eaten at in years. I also have reservations for Chef Mickey's. This will be my first time at Chef Mickey's.

So as you can see, things can get crazy if you are not organized. That to me is a very important factor. As long as you are organized and have some basic plans, then your Disney trip should be Magical regardless whatever happens. Get informed, get an idea of what you want to do on your trip and be prepared for any situation. The rest will result in an unforgettable vacation. Where Dreams Come True!

John

No comments:

Post a Comment