Monday, June 13, 2011

Madonna Music Monday - 06/13/2011

Well the Tony Awards were on last night, and all in all it was a great show. I just love musicals. I especially love when musicals get made into films. What I don't like, for the most part, is when movie musicals ADD new songs for the film version or CHANGE songs from the stage version. In the film version of EVITA, both things happened. First, they added a new song called YOU MUST LOVE ME. While its a beautiful song, it doesn't really add anything to the musical. Then they re-assigned the song 'Another Suitcase In Another Hall' from a minor character to the lead character of Eva Peron. Now I LOVE this song. And I understand why they gave this song to Madonna to sing. It does 'flesh-out' Eva's journey in the film version. More than anything, I'm glad Madonna gets to sing this song. I love the sentiment of the song. We've all gone thru life changes. You open one door, step thru it and another door awaits. Some doors are hard to open. Some doors are hard to close behind us. But yet, we move forward because that is wait we must do, no matter how painful or difficult. So here is Madonna singing this beautiful song, Another Suitcase in Another Hall, from the film version of the Broadway musical EVITA. Enjoy!



John

No comments:

Post a Comment