Thursday, July 7, 2011

10 Days and Counting...

Well today was another crazy day at work. Usually the first two weeks of any month are pretty busy for me at work. Its non-stop report processing, number crunching and expense analysis. First thing this morning, we had a department meeting. I don't understand why we have meetings during month-end processing. There are just not enough hours in the week for extra work. But somehow, I did get to get about 10 minutes of free time so that I could go on-line and pre-register my check-in for my upcoming trip. In 10 Days...!!!


One of the benefits of booking a vacation trip directly with Disney is that you can check-in on-line 10 days before your arrival. Basically you are confirming the details of your trip, assigning a credit card for room and resort charges, making any room location requests and letting Disney know if there is a special occasion for the trip. When I went on-line, I tried requesting a ground level room and one close to the bus drop-off location. But for some reason I got an error message. You can also call Disney 3 or 4 days before your arrival and make these requests over the phone. I do want a ground level room located in the 80's section of POP Century. When I stayed at POP last year, I made the same request and it was honored. While it may be a longer walk to the main hall of the resort, I like the theming of this section. Plus since its father out, it is a much quieter section of the resort. And of course, I'm a huge fan of the 80's!


Well sometime this weekend I have to get my packing done, hopefully Sunday. And now is the time to keep an eye on the weather forecast. So far I see some rain and highs in the 90's. Well I guess shorts and t-shirts will be all I pack for this trip. I also have to check park hours. Within the past few weeks, Disney has extended park hours in anticipation of high crowds. So far, that's fine with me. The longer the parks are open, the more time I have to ride and see attractions. I'm sure it will be crowded, but since I'm traveling with my 8 year old nephew, I plan on taking it slow and easy.


Well, let's see what I get done over the weekend. Until then, Magical Dreaming!!!

John

1 comment:

  1. Wow we're going on the same day it looks like. Hubby, daughter and I will be there from 17th-19th. I haven't done my check-in yet but that's getting done this weekend.

    Aren't last minute to-do lists annoying? I just realized yesterday that I have so much to do before we leave, and that's after all I've already done. Whew!

    Enjoy your trip. Maybe we'll run into you at the Dole Whip counter. =)

    Misty

    ReplyDelete