Sunday, July 10, 2011

7 Days and Counting...

I love doing the "Single-Digit Dance". That's when you have less than 10 days before your next Disney trip. Well time is moving fast and I have a lot to do. The luggage is out and ready to be packed. I've put some t-shirts and shorts on the side that I think I wanna take on the trip. I've already pre-registered for my resort arrival on-line. I've been keeping an eye on the weather forecasts. I have a very busy work week. I'm sure I'm working 10 hour days. Tomorrow I have a memorial service to attend for an acquaintance, but if I get out of work late I might not attend. A friend is having a birthday gathering on Friday after work. I thought I could attend this, but I'm sure I will be doing laundry one last time before my trip. The planning never ends.


Another thing I'm worried about is the crowds. Part of me is happy that many of the parks are open late. That's a great thing about going to Disney World in the summer. But of course that means there will be crowds because everyone is visiting Disney World. For the six days that I will be visiting Disney World, I plan to visit Epcot, Animal Kingdom and the Disney Studios one day each. I will be visiting the Magic Kingdom on three days: my arrival day, Wednesday and Friday when we leave. I'm sure I can see most of the Magic Kingdom on those three days. And if I don't, then what ever we don't get done on this we'll take care of on the next trip!!!


So for now, I'm just resting. Letting things go thru my mind. I should be making a list of what I need to pack. But by now, getting ready to travel to Disney World is kinda second nature. I just don't wanna over pack. One, I don't want to get charged by Southwest for over packing and Two, I wanna make sure I have room in my luggage to pack any souvenirs I buy at Disney World. When I travel to Disney World, I pack everything into one large suitcase. I always pack an empty duffel bag. I use it either for my dirty laundry or carefully packed souvenirs. Thank god Southwest Airlines let's you take two luggage bags free of charge.


Okay boys and girls, food is calling me. I gotta stay healthy for next week. Have a Magical Day!

John


1 comment:

  1. I understand the excitement, the day is so close, and yet still to far away. But it won't be to long, and you'll be "Walking right down the middle of main street USA" can't you hear the music? Be sure to share lots of photos with us, I've never been to the World. Someday I'll get there, till then I rely on photos and stories from people just like you.
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete