Monday, July 4, 2011

13 Days and Counting...

Happy Fourth of July to Everyone! I hope your holiday weekend was filled with fun times. I spent the whole weekend with my Mom, Sister and her three children at the nearby resort town of Wisconsin Dells. Its known as the water-park capital of America. We spent the weekend swimming, shopping, eating, laughing, crying, remembering old memories, making new memories. Basically just hanging out as a family. I know this is SO Martha Stewart, but it WAS a good thing!!! LOL!!!
So I spent the weekend prepping my 8yo nephew on our up-coming Disney trip. He's getting so excited about the trip. I measured him and he's right at 52 inches tall. According to WDWINFO, or The Dis Boards as we Disney fans know it, he can pretty much ride everything at Disney World on his own except the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway. Does that mean I'm sending my nephew to ride Space Mountain on his own? NO!!! I just wanted to make sure what he could ride and what he couldn't. I asked him how he felt about roller coasters. Well he wasn't too sure how he felt about them. So I got an idea. At the water park/resort we stayed at, they have this huge water slide where up to 4 people can ride a raft down this three story slide. So my 16 year old nephew, my 10 year niece, my 8 year old nephew and I ride this water slide. And guess what? My youngest nephew LOVED IT! He wanted to ride it again! After we did, he says to me "I think I can ride those roller coasters at Disney World!" YEA!!!


So this is gonna be a CRAZY week at work. I start working on my June month-end processing. I actually got a jump start last week. All my important work has to be done my July 15th, before I go on vacation. But if I planned everything right, I should be done by the 13th, giving a couple days of breathing room. So I hope everything works out as planned.

I received another vacation packet from Disney over the weekend. This now has all my updated resort info, including the upgrade in my dining plan. Now I just gotta get thru work, find time to pack, get everything organized and then go on my trip. So much to do, so little time...

John

1 comment:

  1. Oooh exciting! What a cool way to prep younger ones for rollercoasters! Great job! :D

    ReplyDelete